BE A PIE JUDGE COMPETITION
The World Scotch Pie Championship is open for entries, and we are seeking one super special judge – a pie lover who believes themselves to be an expert.
If you think you fit the bill and you can be in Dunfermline from 10.00am until 3.00pm on Wednesday 20th November 2019, tell us in a 30 second video or 280 characters why we should pick you to be our public judge. Head over to our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to take part.
Terms and Conditions:
- The PUBLIC JUDGE competition is open to all members of the public aged 18 years and over on the 20th November 2019, except for the staff of any butchers or bakers entering the competition and Scottish Bakers staff
- The winner must be available to participate in the Judging day which is being held from 11.00 AM until 4.00 pm at the Carnegie Conference Centre, Dunfermline on 20th November 2019.
- The winner is responsible for making and paying for their own travel arrangements.
- All entries, in the form of 30 second video or 280-character submissions, are available for social media use by Scottish Bakers to promote the competition.
- Entries must be your own work.
- The closing date to submit your entry is midnight on 13th November 2019.
- The winner will be selected by Scottish Bakers CEO and the winner will be informed on Friday 15th November to enable travel plans to be made. The CEO’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be invited to join the professional judges judging one category in the World Scotch Pie Championship.
- There is no cash alternative to this prize.
- Copyright for the winning entry will revert to Scottish Bakers.
- The winner will be invited to take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, including on social media.
- Data Protection - the information entrants provide will be collected and stored by Scottish Bakers and processed in accordance with current GDPR rules. We will only use your personal information for the purposes of administration of the Competition (including publishing your name if you are the winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented.
- We will not pass your details on to any third party.
- All submissions via direct email which were not successful will be removed within three months of the competition’s completion date.
- If you would like to remove your entry from the competition, you can do so by emailing (email address), but no later than 5 pm, 14th November 2019.